The ONN has been working to increase and solidify sector relations with The Government of Ontario. The ONN played an important role in the development of the Partnership Project, submitting multiple position papers and participating in the launch of the Partnership Project Office, and continues to work effectively with the Partnership Project Office in the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration to advance the Project’s recommendations. Read about the rest of our current collaborative work here.
Letter to Melanie Wright, Senior Policy Advisor & Issues Manager, Ministry of Finance
Thank you for taking the time to meet with the Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN) on Tuesday, May 1st related to the Network’s partnership-building efforts between the provincial government and the nonprofit sector. In these uncertain and challenging fiscal times, ONN strongly believes the “third sector” is well positioned to play an even more prominent role in reforming and improving public service delivery in a cost efficient and results focused manner… Read our full letter
Advice to the Premier: Solutions to Reform Rest with the Third Sector:
Dear Premier McGuinty,
Thank you for your recent correspondence to my October 27th, 2011 letter regarding the Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN) and its partnership-building efforts between your government and the nonprofit sector. As previously noted, ONN has been actively engaged with various Ministries on key issues facing the sector as well as promoting the sector’s work in the delivery of critically important programs and services to Ontarians, their families and communities across the province…Download the full version of ONN’s letter here (letter_McGuinty_Jan16).
ONN Letter of Support for the Ontario Trillium Foundation
Dear Premier McGuinty,
We are writing to bring to your attention the great importance the nonprofit sector places on the work of the Ontario Trillium Foundation, particularly as we enter these next few years of change and renewal. There are difficult transitions ahead for government, the nonprofit sector, and the people of Ontario. Trillium will be a critical component as we develop transformative solutions for Ontario communities together. Download the full version of the letter here (McGuinty_trillium_Feb1).
Current ONN Collaborations with Government:
- OADA Implementation – provincial-wide education and training initiative to assist the sector meet accessibility standards for customer service. In collaboration with, and funding from the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Expansion of our provincial network reach and strengthening of sector capacity supported by the Partnership Project Office, Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration with three year grant.
- Submission and discussion with the Drummond Commission on the role of the sector.
- Joint project with the Partnership Project Office to identify barriers and propose solutions that will enhance and improve the work of the sector using the provincial Open for Business process.
- Working with the Ministry of Finance, Broader Public Sector Supply Chain Secretariat, to explore nonprofit sector vendor of record options and draft procurement guidelines.
- Working with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, on plain language documents for the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
- Working with Infrastructure Ontario, to role out and inform the sector of the recent eligibility expansion to heath/social service hubs, sport and recreation facilities and Aboriginal Health Centres.
- Exploring with Ministry of Colleges and Universities opportunities to understand and strengthen labour force development in the public benefit sector.